Saturday, October 28, 2023

October 28th - Engage in Today - the Now

The story...

What does the day look like for you?  I don't know as I write this story, self-aware, in history.  Strangely, that first sentence is in the past and I must reread it to remember what I wrote.  I must also remember what the first words of this sentence was in order to understand my intended message.

Today, I am enjoying the "Just for Today" quotes that were written by another years ago.  They were highlighted as important to me years ago.  I'm considering and making sense of them in the present. And, they are conveyed to you in history.  You are enjoying them in the now - the present.


We've got today...


The only church in town will be wise - they will focus on reality, where to go, and how to get there. They will trust what their Creator and Sustainer has revealed.  And, they'll meet and walk humbly with Him in the present.


Just for today...

"So it's in my best interest to treat others as I wish to be treated. I try to imagine that my words and actions are being addressed to myself, because in the long run I generally get back what I give out."  Courage to Change (p. 302)

"I've learned that if an issue isn't going to be important in 30 days, then it's probably not worth troubling myself with now."  Hope for Today (p. 302)

"Today is mine, It is unique. Nobody in the world has one exactly like it. It holds the sum of all past experience and the future of all potential."  One Day at a Time (p. 302)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...