Wednesday, October 11, 2023

October 11th - Knowing where to go and how to get there

The story...

The three quotes below, Just for today..., are pearls of  personal wisdom that were shared from three people who lived them out in reality.  I've benefited much from others like them - you have the opportunity to do likewise.  Most of my knowledge, and wisdom too, seems to have come from others rather than garnered from my own experiences, thoughts, imagination, and ideas.

My favorite definition for wisdom is: "knowing where to go and how to get there."  I must've first heard this definition in my 30's and I've retained it into my 60's - It's sufficed.  It feels like my own yet I heard it from another.  I heard the definition of God as "That than which their is no greater" - It's sufficed.  My framework, world view, or model of truth has been developed over my lifetime.  Yet, sometimes reality, and others, will speak truth that "will rock my boat" and help me to more honestly and rightly view history, life, and the future.  This has happened often while walking side-by-side through life with my close friends and through reflection on the truth that God has revealed through His recorded Word.

Amen means truly.  People within the only church in town will often say "amen" when they hear the proclamation of what's true.  It's a good thing to freely walk in the reality of the love of God in Christ.

 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free" (Galatians 5:1)


Just for today...

"...years of isolating myself had left me with scars that couldn't heal overnight. I suffered from low self-esteem, impaired social skills, and lack of self knowledge, to name a few."  Hope for Today (p. 285)

"Each of us has the right and the obligation to make our own decisions. It is character-destroying to usurp that right."   One Day at a Time (p. 285)

"But sometimes my thirst for knowledge can be an attempt to exercise power where I am powerless."  Courage to Change (p. 285)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...