Friday, October 27, 2023

October 27th - Be quiet and tune into what's really going on

The story...

In group prayer, I've often found myself thinking about my turn to pray and what was the best thing for me to share.  Some people's prayers were helpful and others weren't according to my ideas of what prayer should be.  Recently, I began both resting in prayer groups and quieting my mind - sometimes I don't pray at all.  Other times I'm more attentive to the Spirit of God working His way out through another person's prayers that previously seemed odd or "off the mark."  The change has been good for me and maybe the groups too.

Scripture says that the Holy Spirit indwells and works out through the life of believers who're right with God in Christ.  Therefore, He's present and speaking amongst many of those within the group - silently and sometimes in words.  I expect that the full group is strengthened when acknowledging and tuning into the presence of God within their midst. 

Be quiet and tune into what's really going on.

The only church in town will be filled with the Holy Spirit - indwelling those who are trusting in Christ.  Even though our bodies don't have sensors to clearly perceive the spiritual realities that are present and working - they're there.


Just for today...

"I often feel closest to God when I hear others share about how well God has taken care of them. Today I try to remember that there is enough love for us all."  Courage to Change (p. 301)

"I will remind myself that the only vital thing is to apply what I have learned - to make it work for me in all the happenings of my daily life . . . keep hands off what is truly none of my business."  One Day at a Time (p. 301)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...