Tuesday, October 17, 2023

October 17th - Giving an opinion, when not asked for, is criticism

The story...

Today is another experimental day - I will to identify when, or if, I'm offering unrequested opinions.  I think that I've achieved a significant reduction in the amount of opinions that I actually have, with regard to what others should be or do, yet I my be overstating the change.  I drew an "O" on my left thumb to remind me of the experiment:  Am I giving unwanted opinions? 




I tried, I forgot, I told another person, I tried again, I forgot, I told another person, and I tried again.  The concentrated effort to remain focused on not offering unrequested opinions wasn't doable for me.  Yet, the good news is that my opinions are fewer, and fewer, and further in-between.  This less opinionated life seems to be part of a good life and has increased my engagement and enjoyment within community.

The only church in town will offer space for people to grow together, walking side-by-side, towards that "Celestial City" - walking humbly with God in the light of His Word.  The sanctification process is good, real, and seems to be best worked out with and through others.


Just for today...

Are you tuned in to, alert to, or searching for trouble?  Why?

Might you best change your perceptions of what actually occurred in the past?

Giving unrequested opinion is criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...