Tuesday, February 6, 2024

February 6th - From Imagination to Sketch

 The story...

What might the only church in town look like?  I asked a sketching hobbyist friend to paint a one-church town.   She responded with questions regarding what I wanted it to look like.   I told her that I didn't want to bias her imagination but did ask that the sketch reflect the purpose of this blog.  She agreed to draw her image yet seemed a bit uneasy regarding how "good" it would turn out to be - would it meet my expectations?  She did good...



I wonder if we would more readily "draw" from our inner-person, soul, or heart if we periodically did spiritual reality assessments.  It seems like we would grow in our self-awareness as we pray, meditate on truths, and invest in quiet time where we humbly turn our ear and heart toward God.  Is this part of what it means to walk humbly with God?


Just for today...

"Troubles are opportunities to grow, to make us better, not bitter.  Rightly used, we can learn from them not to repeat our own mistakes."  One Day at a Time (p. 37)

"When in doubt, don't."  Courage to Change (p. 37)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...