Sunday, February 18, 2024

February 18th - Try it on

The story...

Tens of years ago, I worked within an organization as a manager.  One year, the organization went through great pains to provide me, and my peers, with an actionable performance review through a process called 360-degree feedback.  One of the suggestions, for my personal growth, was to start writing my own blog.  I was surprised by this suggestion and checked with my peers to see if they received the same advice.  No, it was just for me.  Why would I write a blog?  I already felt confident as a writer and communicator - how would spending my time on a blog help me?   As I now know, I missed a great opportunity, like a gift all wrapped up with a bow on top.  Yet, I wouldn't even open the box to try it on.  Like a person who needs a new jacket yet critiques every one they see without even bothering to try one on.

Are my suit coats boring or what?

I hope that the only church in town would retain the essential doctrine and way for developing a right relationship with God in Christ.  They would offer people opportunities to "try on" the new way of growing and working out their faith - in reality.


Just for today...

"I recognize the same shortcomings, in me, I once eagerly pointed out in others.  It is easier to accept the limitations of others when I acknowledge my own."  Courage to Change (p. 49)

"We may think we can change the things around us according to our desires, but when a solution does come, we find it was our desires that had changed."  One Day at a Time  (p. 49)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...