Sunday, February 25, 2024

February 25th - That albums left on the turntable

The story...

I left home, to go to college, with goals of: independence, knowledge, career, friends and true love.  I was fortunate to meet a friend who became my roommate for two semesters.   Stereo systems and music were important then.  Strangely, we left only one of two albums on our turntable during those days.  His favorite song and my favorite song.  I actually bought a second copy of Rust Never Sleeps because I wore the first one out.



Maybe the songs were favorites because they triggered dormant emotions or contained messaging that rang true.  I can feel some of those same emotions as I listen to My My, Hey Hey as I am typing this sentence. "It's better to burn out than to fade away or rust" resonated with my soul.  It feels good to be in touch with my soul in an honest way.

How does experiencing the reality of our emotions and soul work out in the only church in town?  Scripture says that the power of God is alive in a believer when walking humbly with God.  God given love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control reflect a great condition to be living in during all circumstances.  I expect that the church functions as well as God functions in each individual member.


Just for today...
Hey, hey, my, my
Rock and roll can never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye
Hey, hey, my, my

Out of the blue and into the black
You pay for this, but they give you that
And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black

The king is gone but he's not forgotten (Johnny Rotten, Johnny Rotten)
Is this the story of Johnny Rotten? (Johnny Rotten, Rotten Johnny)
It's better to burn out 'cause rust never sleeps
The king is gone but he's not forgotten

Hey, hey, my, my
Rock and roll can never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...