Wednesday, September 30, 2026

September 30th - Imagining God's Word or what I might worry into existence?

The story...

I silently sang songs from a "Young Life" song book one morning.  I seemed to wander into an imaginary trip of: past experiences, feelings, and glimpses of what might be true.


Maybe I imagined more when I was young - before the reality of the middle chapters of life were written.  The future was unknown.   How much do we actually remember?  What we do remember is a cloudy interpretation from our perspectives.  There was much we didn't perceive and our interpretations were obviously not "the" complete picture.


I can only imagine

The only church in town will work out life within community - one that trusts God's revelations.  A community that's enlightened by His Word.  As we imagine realities that are only partially witnessed, we're able to experience glimpses of so much more.  "I can only imagine..."


Just for today...

"This day is all I have to work with. The past is over and tomorrow is out of reach."  Courage to Change (p. 274)

"Worry ahead; Sad behind - Forget now; Self malign."
"Be present; Honest take - Righteously stand; Future remake."    Am I a Poet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 3rd - Self awareness and feelings

The story... " Why did I do that? . . . Why do I make so many mistakes? . . . Why did I resist doing good? . . . Why am I unmotivated t...