Tuesday, November 21, 2023

November 21st - What does a "broken" person let go of?

The story...

I did my best, created a comfortable home, and tried to help those in my care to be their best.  Then something upset the game board - other people's games and the circumstances of life.  The tokens, pegs, fake money and cards were strewn about - the game of life no longer worked - it was moving in directions that I didn't plan for or expect.  There had to be a better way. 


A friend recommended that I meet with a group of people who might just help me turn my chaos into a new and better way of living.  I'm so thankful that I "Zoomed" into a virtual meeting with the group. They too, recognized that their efforts to fix, manage, and control life and people didn't work.  The problem wasn't with the other people, it was with me.  I learned much in the first year and lived a better way the second year.  I live a different life now, respecting relationships with people, more fully trusting God, and bearing fruit that both I and others enjoy.  A more humble life walking more closely to the truth.  My more trusting and open relationships with others, good friends, and God enable a wonderful sort of pilgrimage towards the Celestial City together.  It's the good stuff that eluded me during my early and working years.  Strangely, I'm soo... thankful for the brokenness that upset my boat, knocked down my house of cards, and helped me to see our God given life more honestly and clearly.

The only church in town will be comprised of people in all stages of life.  They'll learn about the reality of life together.  Each person will have a different personality, and when together, will form a group personality too.  The personality of the group will reflect their "head" - their Lord.


Just for today...

"Some people don't know how badly they need a new way of life until disaster overtakes them."  One Day at a Time (p. 326)

"Today I know that I can't fix anyone else but myself, and I challenge myself daily to seek a richer, more meaningful life. I'm taking risks, facing fears, making changes, speaking up, making myself available to life."  Courage to Change (p. 326)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...