Monday, January 8, 2024

January 8th - Being quiet with God - the good place to be.

The story...

Oh... to be rightly related with God, enjoying who He is and expectantly listening for His direction through creation, other people, His revealed Word, fruit born through us, and through the Spirit of Christ too.  That's a good place to be.  I plan on being quiet today with open ears and an open heart.



The only church in town will share the reality of God, our Creator, and the extraordinary life pilgrimage and hope that we can enjoy in Christ.  We can leave the cares of the world aside, abide in Christ, and bear His fruit until we breathe that last breath (John 15:4).


Just for today...

"During my daily quiet time, I try to focus all my attention on God. When I take my problems to Him, I try to leave them there and keep my focus of attention on Him."  As We Understood (p. 196)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...