Saturday, January 27, 2024

January 27th - Our journey from third base to home plate.

The story...

I've often thought about my progression through life as if on a baseball diamond.  0-22 gets me to first base; 23-45 gets me to second base; 46-70 gets me to 3rd base; and 71-?? gets me home.  Much of my behavior seems to want to delay stepping on third base.  I'm working hard to improve my flexibility,  mobility, strength, mind, activity to delay stepping on that bag - why?

Someone, who I loved, recently stepped onto home plate and they're gone now.  My memories remain; but, they're gone.  They'd even lost much of their memory before they stepped onto home plate.  What's there to look forward to on that straight path from 3rd to home plate?

I've been told that I should avoid lists within this blog; yet, I'm again compelled to list the most important parts of life that I look forward to during that final stretch.  Here are my top 12 in alphabetical order.

  • Accepting love from care givers and offering love too.
  • Enjoying the meal God's set before me rather than merely discussing or learning about it.
  • Fellowshipping with God in Christ more continuously.
  • Focusing my mind and heart on actualities rather than fiction.
  • Interacting peacefully - forgiving and apologizing as needed.
  • Investing in good living and God honoring initiatives.
  • Loving the Lord my God with all my heart mind and soul and loving my neighbor as myself.
  • Meeting the present reality with thankfulness.
  • Moving my aching body where God and I will.
  • Offering my hope, life lessons, and assets to others.
  • Praising God.
  • Remembering the faithfulness of God.

Let's keep the end in mind.


Just for today...

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith..."  2 Timothy 4:7 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...