Friday, January 26, 2024

January 26th - Did BRAGG have the secrets of living the "good" long life?

The story...

In the 1980's, my grandmother shared a guide that she found helpful and supportive of the good life that she planned to work out in her latter years.  She may've been questioning the reliability of the author's advise when she shared it with me - I remember being more than a tad skeptical.  I do know that she walked to the mailbox, about a mile round trip every day, to stay in the necessary shape to live alone in her farm house.  I expect that she wanted to pass on her passion and commitment for staying physically well and active throughout life - she gave me her underlined copy with her name written in the front - I doubt she bought another copy.

Paul C. Bragg claimed he had the secrets for living the good healthy life yet his credentials and claims are suspect.  His reality doesn't seem to warrant being the object of a man or woman's faith.

The only church in town will introduce you to their Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ - the Messiah.  He has the the credentials and the power of resurrection - true victory over death.  I hope that He is or will be the object of your faith.


Just for today...

"For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons and daughters of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons and daughters by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him."  Romans 8:14-17 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...