Saturday, December 30, 2023

December 30th - Might suffering force me to grow in new and important ways?

The story...

My physical limitations forced me to adapt my life to a new reality.  My emotional and mental processes take some time to both grieve the losses, and accept my new condition, before I move on.  I'm already enjoying my new environments, habits, activities, and relationships that're part of my new life.  It seems that I can both retain my memories of the past and enjoy new learnings and blessing from my new reality.  Is it possible that my physical limitations are forcing me to change and grow in new and important ways?  

The only church in town will teach you how Abraham, Gideon, and David died at ripe old ages.  I assume that being ripe means having fully experienced what life had to offer.  I hope to take that life experience trusting God, and fruit born along the way, into eternity.

Just for today...

"The unpleasant things other people say or do have no power to destroy my peace of mind or ruin my day unless I permit it . . . I suspect I may have benefited from my pain. But those benefits are no longer worth the prices . . . There is a beautiful person within me who has no need to build an identity around suffering . . . I won't waste another moment feeling sorry for myself."  Courage to Change (p. 365)

"I don't have to do or fix everything."  Hope for Today (p. 365)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...