Wednesday, August 7, 2024

August 7th - Reflecting, Is now more important than then?

The story...

If we're able to reflect upon our lives in eternity, which decade might we value the most?

  • 1st, Grew, trusted and dependent on my parents, learned about my capabilities.
  • 2nd, Entered relationships outside my family and community - chose a career.
  • 3rd, Became more interdependent and lived more outside my family circle.
  • 4th, Honed my career and tried to pass my values on to my kids.
  • 5th, Accepted my physical decline and limitations - tried out my imagined best life.
  • 6th, Living more self aware, valuing relationships, and appreciating peace and rest.
  • 7th, ?

Maybe all the reflections of my life will fill my eternal eyes or heart with feeling, understanding and love.  Personally, I am so thankful for every part of life, especially the meaningful relationships.

Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life (1969) 

The only church in town wouldn't be perfect nor best meet anyone's needs and wants.  Each person is wonderfully unique and living within their own season of life.  I can only imagine how the Word of God, the Spirit of Christ, and loving relationships might work out both there and in eternity.


Just for today...

Trust God's revealed Word - it's best and everlasting..

Appreciate and value your close relationship(s) in actuality.

Be your own best friend, treat yourself good, be patient with you, and apply this source of strength towards loving others.  That's likely where the good stuff of life can be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...