Monday, August 12, 2024

August 12th - Build together

The story...

The new furniture manufacturing job required leadership, managerial and individual contributor skills.  The role required project management, problem solving, extra time, learning, trusting, accountability, mentoring, encouragement, and a winner's mindset.  People were both watching and relying on me - I was a necessary part of something bigger.

After I adapted and better fit into the furniture building community, I deeply appreciated being part of the goal oriented organization.  I was most surprised at how much I enjoyed spending Saturday mornings with fellow co-workers as we bonded, rubbed shoulders, freely worked, laughed, listened, and more closely shared life together.  Sure, I was away from my home and family; yet, I was living and growing with other people while working towards a greater good - part of a productive community.  Those Saturday morning real-life experiences are precious to me now.

Built together

As we enter into the community of the only church in town, I hope that we'll find comfort, quiet and peace in reality - true rest.  It'll be a place where we seek to more honestly understand others and discover how we might best fit in.  Being quiet and listening with our ears, hearts, and spirits too - listening for opportunities - taking first steps.  Being okay with push back from others - letting them be. Walking humbly with the Lord our God. Truly, His aim and way is best by definition.


Just for today...

"...let me learn to accept things as they are, and stop manipulating them into changing. Let me look for a wiser approach to life from myself, not from other people."  One Day at a Time (p. 225)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...