Thursday, August 1, 2024

August 1st - I've come far and I'm not going back.

The story...

Twelve of the positive changes I've enjoyed during the past few years include: 

  • Less forming or sharing opinions for what I think is "best' for them
  • Less scratching my metaphorical uncomfortable "itches" with food, activities, games, alcohol etc.
  • More frequent prayer and quiet meditation - enjoying more peace and rest
  • Seeking to understand others before being understood - it's more natural now
  • Accepting reality as opposed to developing and arguing for what oughta be
  • Abiding in a state of rest and peace as opposed to one of amped-up emotions
  • Consciously setting and relaxing personal boundaries
  • Living more in the present and obsessing less about the past and future
  • Saying no without an obligation or need to explain myself
  • Communicating my message once - resisting the urge to convince others with repetition
  • Loving more and accepting love from others
  • Valuing and building closer, less-guarded, relationships
"+" life change decisions like being strong


There were reasons I behaved differently than the above.  I've refused temptations to revert to my past ways when triggered by whatever - I don't intend to go back.  Praise God for the changes that He seems to have worked into my life both directly and through those who are His.  Why choose to revert to a less fruitful life?  You know the answer.

People attending the only church in town will witness the Word of God worked out through other's lives.  They'll be more conscious of what their life is and what it might be.  They'll learn to trust God.

Oh the vastness of God and His creation - I can only imagine.  We're His creatures and He's the Creator.  I hope that all men will choose to abide in Christ - safe in the hands of God.


Just for today...

"I do not respond well when someone tries to impose their will on me; why have I tried  to impose my will on those around me?  There is only one person I'm responsible for, and that is me."  Courage to Change (p. 214)

"Little by little I can change my world - not by escaping to a new one with the same old me, but by making a new me out of the old one."  One Day at a Time (p. 214)

"My spirit is set free each time I take the risk  to express myself to people who understand how I think and feel."  Hope for Today (p. 214)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...