Sunday, March 3, 2024

March 3rd - Lovingkindness

The story...

Listening to Simply Red's song "Holding back the years" seems to emote feelings that abide deep down inside me.   Those welled up emotions remind me that I'm wonderfully human - a "seeker."  A unique creature who's loved by our Creator in Christ.  I'm built to learn and grow in relationship with other characters who're also journeying through this epic story of life.  


We all know that the years can't really be held back.  Yes, the "saying" is true that the only constant in this life is that there'll be change.  Change can help us grow to be more like...

How does this relate to the only church in town?  I expect that the church will work best when people are allowed to be less guarded and more fully okay with who they actually are.  Maybe, they won't feel the need to fit in with the group by putting on one of those acceptable masks that might be ready and stacked up next to the front door.  It'd be a place where you could be the best version of yourself that's both kind and open to kindness - lovingkindness.


Just for today...

"To me, maturity includes:  

  • Accepting love from others, even if I'm having a tough time loving myself . . . 
  • Having an opinion without insisting that others share it . . . 
  • forgiving myself and others . . . 
  • caring for people without having to take care of them . . . 
  • accepting that I'll never be finished - I'll always be a work-in-progress."  
Courage to Change (p. 63)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...