Saturday, June 22, 2024

June 22nd - Peace = Freedom from the cares of this world?

The story...

My mother is currently struggling through the last stage of life.  She has trouble standing, turning, and remembering things that link her to this current life.  She's going to say goodbye to this life and hello to the next soon.  I love my momma, yet pray that today will be the day that God receives her into His hand.  She worked out her part in the story of life.

A new life yet to be written

As my momma's son, my soul is quiet.  The quietness was strange at first yet now seems normal.  I'm not sensing related feelings of: happiness, fearfulness, sadness, anger, shame or guilt.  My mind questions what my role should be during these last days yet it also seems quiet.  It's possible that this is God given peace - I do feel right, balanced, hopeful and prepared.

I previously posted the following bible verse on this blog - it's the verse that offers me the most hope.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:13 (NASB)  

It seems that joy is a God given state of well being, thankfulness and appreciation.  Might peace be a release from the cares of the world?  What a wonderful wish of hope from the Apostle Paul to these believers in Rome whom he hadn't met.

People would experience hope, joy and peace within the only church in town.  Oh that God would continually fill me with His power to face life's circumstances with active hope.


Just for today...

"When I blamed others for how I felt, I was giving them power over my feelings, power that rightly belonged to me.  Nobody can make me feel anything without my consent."  Courage to Change (p. 174)

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 18th - The value of "we" in community

The story... My four siblings and I lived closely together.  Each family member seemed to provide something that other family members lacked...